8 gaming laptops with nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics Gaming laptops with powerful graphics have always been in demand among gamers. They allow you …Read Article
War Thunder Keeps Crashing on PC? Here’s how to fix it
If you are an avid gamer and love playing War Thunder on your PC, you might have encountered occasional crashes during gameplay. These crashes can be frustrating and can disrupt your gaming experience. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to fix War Thunder crashes on your PC and get back to enjoying the game.
Table Of Contents
Step 1: Update your graphics drivers. Outdated or faulty graphics drivers can often be the cause of crashes in War Thunder. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer and download the latest drivers for your specific model. Install the drivers and restart your PC before launching the game again.
Step 2: Verify the integrity of game files. Corrupted game files can also lead to crashes in War Thunder. Open the game launcher and go to the game settings. From there, select “Check files” or a similar option to scan and repair any corrupted files. This process may take some time, so be patient.
Note: It is important to regularly update your game to the latest version to ensure optimal performance and stability.
Step 3: Adjust your graphics settings. Sometimes, high graphics settings can overload your system and cause crashes. Lowering the graphics settings can help alleviate the strain on your PC. Try reducing the resolution, disabling Vsync, or lowering the level of detail in the game settings to see if it improves stability.
Step 4: Close unnecessary background applications. Running multiple applications simultaneously can consume system resources and cause conflicts with War Thunder. Close any unnecessary programs or processes running in the background to free up system resources for the game.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix War Thunder crashes on your PC and enjoy the game without any interruptions. If the crashes persist, you may want to reach out to the game’s support team or seek further assistance from the gaming community.
How to fix War Thunder crashes on PC: Step-by-step guide
If you’re experiencing frequent crashes while playing War Thunder on your PC, it can be frustrating and disruptive to your gaming experience. However, there are several steps you can take to resolve these crashes and get back to enjoying the game. Follow this step-by-step guide to fix War Thunder crashes on PC:
- Check system requirements: Ensure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements to run War Thunder. Check the official website or game documentation for the required specifications.
- Update your graphics drivers: Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can often cause crashes in games. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel) and download the latest drivers for your specific GPU model.
- Verify game files: War Thunder may have corrupted or missing game files that are causing crashes. Open the game launcher or Steam library, locate War Thunder, and select the option to verify or repair game files. This will ensure that any damaged files are replaced with clean copies.
- Disable overclocking: If you have overclocked your CPU or GPU, try disabling it temporarily. Overclocking can put stress on your hardware and lead to instability, causing crashes in games. Return your hardware to the default settings and see if the crashes persist.
- Disable background programs: Some background programs or processes running on your PC can interfere with War Thunder and cause crashes. Close unnecessary programs and disable any overlays, such as Discord overlay or GeForce Experience, to reduce the chances of conflicts.
- Lower graphics settings: Try lowering the graphics settings in War Thunder to reduce the strain on your hardware. Lowering settings such as texture quality, anti-aliasing, and shadows can help improve stability and reduce crashes.
- Update the game: Make sure you have the latest version of War Thunder installed. Developers often release updates and patches that address performance issues and crashes. Check for updates through the game launcher or Steam and install any available updates.
- Adjust Power Management settings: Open the Power Management settings on your PC and make sure it is set to High Performance. This will ensure that your hardware is running at maximum performance and can help prevent crashes.
- Run the game as an administrator: Right-click on the War Thunder executable file or desktop shortcut and select “Run as administrator.” Running the game with administrative privileges can sometimes resolve compatibility issues and crashes.
- Perform a clean boot: A clean boot starts Windows with a minimal set of startup programs and services, which can help identify if a background process is causing conflicts with War Thunder. Follow the official Microsoft guide to perform a clean boot on your PC.
If none of the above steps resolve the crashes in War Thunder, it may be necessary to seek further assistance from the game’s support team or forums. Remember to provide them with detailed information about your PC specifications and the steps you have already taken to troubleshoot the issue.
Gaming troubleshooting tips
Experiencing crashes while playing War Thunder can be frustrating. Here are some troubleshooting tips that can help you fix the issue:
1. Update your graphics drivers
Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. Outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues and crashes. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer to download and install the latest drivers.
2. Verify game files
Verify the integrity of your War Thunder game files to ensure that they are not corrupted. Open your game launcher, go to the game settings, and find the option to verify the integrity of game files. This process will check for any missing or corrupted files and replace them if necessary.
3. Lower graphics settings
If your PC is struggling to handle the high graphics settings in War Thunder, try lowering them. Open the game settings and reduce the graphics quality, resolution, and other settings. This can help reduce the strain on your system and prevent crashes.
4. Disable background applications
Close any unnecessary applications running in the background while playing War Thunder. These applications can consume system resources and interfere with the game, leading to crashes. Use the task manager to identify and close any unnecessary processes.
5. Check for overheating
Overheating can cause your PC to crash while playing games. Make sure your computer is properly ventilated and clean any dust from the fans and heat sinks. You can also use monitoring software to check the temperatures of your CPU and GPU during gameplay. If they are reaching high temperatures, consider improving airflow or applying new thermal paste.
6. Disable overclocking
If you have overclocked your CPU or GPU, try reverting them to their default settings. Overclocking can sometimes cause stability issues and crashes, especially if not done properly. Resetting to default settings can help eliminate this potential cause of crashes.
7. Check for software conflicts
Some software programs, such as antivirus or firewall applications, can conflict with games and cause crashes. Temporarily disable any security software and see if the crashes persist. If the crashes stop, you may need to configure the security software to allow the game to run properly.
8. Update the game
Make sure you have the latest version of War Thunder installed. Developers often release updates to fix bugs and improve stability. Check for updates through your game launcher or visit the official War Thunder website to download the latest version.
By following these troubleshooting tips, you can hopefully resolve the crashes you are experiencing while playing War Thunder. If the problem persists, you may need to reach out to the game’s support team for further assistance.
War Thunder crash solutions
War Thunder is a popular multiplayer combat game that combines planes, tanks, and naval forces. However, like any other game, War Thunder can sometimes crash unexpectedly, causing frustration and disrupting gameplay. If you’re experiencing frequent crashes in War Thunder, here are some solutions you can try to resolve the issue:
1. Update your graphics card drivers
Outdated or incompatible graphics card drivers can often cause crashes in games. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (such as NVIDIA or AMD) and download the latest drivers for your specific card model. Install the drivers and restart your PC before launching War Thunder again.
2. Lower graphics settings
If your computer doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements for War Thunder, it can lead to crashes. Lowering the graphics settings can help reduce the strain on your hardware and potentially resolve crashing issues. Open the game settings and adjust the graphics options to a lower setting.
3. Verify game files
Corrupted game files can also cause crashes. To fix this, open the game launcher and click on the “Settings” button. From there, select “Check files” or “Verify integrity of game files.” This process will compare your game files with the official versions and replace any corrupted files.
4. Disable overclocking
If you have overclocked your GPU or CPU, it can sometimes cause stability issues and crashes in games. Resetting your hardware to its default clock speeds can help resolve the crashing problem. Consult your motherboard or graphics card documentation for instructions on how to reset overclocking settings.
5. Close unnecessary background programs
Other applications running in the background can consume system resources and cause conflicts with War Thunder, leading to crashes. Close any unnecessary programs or processes before launching the game. You can use the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) to identify and close resource-intensive applications.
6. Disable antivirus or firewall
In some cases, overprotective antivirus or firewall software can interfere with War Thunder and cause crashes. Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall program and check if the crashing issue persists. If the crashes stop, you may need to add an exception for War Thunder in your security software settings.
7. Check for overheating
Overheating can also cause crashes in intensive games like War Thunder. Monitor your CPU and GPU temperatures using third-party software like MSI Afterburner or HWMonitor. If your components are running at high temperatures, clean any dust from your computer’s cooling system and ensure proper airflow. Consider investing in additional cooling solutions if necessary.
8. Update DirectX
War Thunder requires the latest version of DirectX to run smoothly. To update DirectX, visit the official Microsoft website and download the latest version. Install the update and restart your computer before launching the game again.
These are some common solutions that can help fix crashes in War Thunder. However, if the crashing issue persists, you may need to seek further assistance from the game’s support team or forums.
Why does War Thunder keep crashing on my PC?
There could be several reasons why War Thunder keeps crashing on your PC. It could be due to outdated graphics drivers, insufficient system resources, a faulty game installation, or conflicts with other software running on your computer.
- 2023 Update: How to Fix COD Modern Warfare 2 Unable to Access Online Services
- How To Increase Keyboard Size on iPhone 2023 - Easy Steps Guide
- Comparison of playing Multiversus with controller and keyboard on PC
- How To Open An Elevated Command Prompt In Windows 10: Step-By-Step Guide
- Learn How to Troubleshoot and Fix a DeWalt 20V MAX XR Battery Not Charging Issue
- How to Troubleshoot and Resolve Facebook Pictures Not Loading Issue
- Easy Ways to Master Reset or Factory Reset on Galaxy M30