How To Fix New World Keeps Lagging On PC
If you’re experiencing lag and performance issues while playing New World on your PC, you’re not alone. Lag can be frustrating and can significantly impact your gaming experience. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix lag issues in New World.
Table Of Contents
1. Check Your Internet Connection: Lag in New World can be caused by a slow or unstable internet connection. Make sure you have a stable and high-speed internet connection. You can try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
2. Lower Graphics Settings: New World is a visually demanding game, and running it on high graphics settings can cause lag on some PCs. Try lowering the graphics settings in the game options menu to see if it improves performance. You may also want to update your graphics drivers to the latest version.
3. Close Unnecessary Background Applications: Running multiple applications in the background can consume system resources and cause lag in New World. Close any unnecessary applications or processes running in the background before launching the game.
4. Optimize Windows Settings: Windows settings can affect gaming performance. Make sure your PC is running the latest version of Windows and that it is optimized for gaming. Disable unnecessary startup programs, enable Game Mode, and set your power plan to High Performance.
Remember to periodically monitor your PC’s temperature and make sure it is not overheating, as high temperatures can also cause lag in games. If the lag issue persists, you may want to consider upgrading your PC’s hardware, such as adding more RAM or upgrading your graphics card.
How to Reduce Lag in New World on PC
If you’re experiencing lag while playing New World on your PC, there are several steps you can take to reduce or eliminate the problem. Lag can be caused by a variety of factors, including network issues, hardware limitations, and software conflicts. By following these troubleshooting steps, you can improve your gaming experience and enjoy a smoother gameplay.
- Check your internet connection: Make sure you have a stable and high-speed internet connection. Lag can occur if your connection is slow or unstable. Consider upgrading your internet plan if necessary.
- Close unnecessary background applications: Running multiple applications in the background can consume system resources and cause lag. Close any unnecessary programs or processes to free up resources for New World.
- Update your drivers: Outdated graphics drivers can cause performance issues and lag. Update your graphics card drivers to the latest version to ensure compatibility and optimal performance.
- Lower your graphics settings: If your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements for New World, you may experience lag. Lowering your graphics settings can help improve performance. Reduce the resolution, disable graphics-intensive features, and lower the graphics quality to reduce the strain on your hardware.
- Disable background services: Some background services, such as antivirus software or automatic updates, can interfere with New World and cause lag. Temporarily disable any unnecessary background services to see if it improves your gameplay.
- Optimize your PC: Regularly clean up your PC by removing temporary files, unnecessary programs, and optimizing your hard drive. Use a reliable system optimization tool to ensure your PC is running smoothly and efficiently.
- Check for game updates: Make sure you have the latest updates and patches for New World. Developers often release updates to fix performance issues and optimize gameplay. Check for updates regularly and install them as necessary.
- Consider hardware upgrades: If you’ve tried all the above steps and still experience lag, it may be time to upgrade your hardware. Check if your PC meets the recommended system requirements for New World and consider upgrading your graphics card, RAM, or processor.
By following these steps, you should be able to reduce lag in New World and enjoy a smoother gaming experience on your PC. Remember to regularly maintain and update your system to ensure optimal performance.
Check Your PC’s System Requirements
Before troubleshooting any lagging issues in New World, it’s important to make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the game. New World is a graphically demanding game, and if your PC doesn’t meet the recommended specifications, it may struggle to run the game smoothly.
Here are the minimum system requirements for New World:
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 or AMD Athlon 7850
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280X (3GB)
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 35GB available space
If your PC meets the minimum system requirements, but you’re still experiencing lag in New World, consider upgrading your hardware. Upgrading your processor, memory, or graphics card can significantly improve your gaming experience.
It’s also recommended to check for any available driver updates for your graphics card. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause performance issues in games like New World. Visit the manufacturer’s website for your graphics card and download the latest drivers.
Additionally, you can close any unnecessary background processes and applications to free up system resources. This can help improve performance and reduce lag in New World.
By ensuring that your PC meets the minimum system requirements, updating your graphics card drivers, and optimizing your system, you should be able to enjoy a smoother gaming experience in New World.
Optimize Your Graphics Settings
One of the most effective ways to reduce lag in New World is to optimize your graphics settings. By adjusting the graphics settings, you can achieve a balance between visual quality and performance.
Here are some tips to help you optimize your graphics settings:
- Resolution: Lowering your screen resolution can significantly improve performance. Try reducing it to a lower setting to see if it helps reduce lag.
- Graphics Quality: Adjusting the overall graphics quality can have a big impact on performance. Try lowering the settings to a lower level and see if it improves lag. You can also experiment with individual graphics settings such as textures, shadows, and lighting to find the optimal balance.
- Render Distance: Lowering the render distance can help improve performance by reducing the amount of objects the game has to render. Experiment with different settings to find the right balance between performance and visibility.
- Anti-Aliasing: Anti-aliasing can improve the smoothness of edges in the game, but it can also be demanding on your system. Consider disabling or lowering this setting to improve performance.
Additionally, make sure to check for any specific optimization options in the New World graphics settings. The developers might have provided specific recommendations for improving performance on different hardware configurations.
Keep in mind that optimizing your graphics settings may require some trial and error. It’s best to make incremental changes and test them in-game to see their impact on performance. This way, you can find the optimal settings that provide a good balance between visual quality and lag reduction.
Upgrade Your Internet Connection
If you’re experiencing lag in New World, one of the first things you should consider is upgrading your internet connection. A strong and stable internet connection is essential for online gaming, as it ensures a smooth and uninterrupted gameplay experience.
Here are some steps you can take to upgrade your internet connection:
- Check your internet speed: Use an online speed test to check your current internet speed. If your speed is below the recommended requirements for New World, you may need to upgrade to a higher-speed plan.
- Contact your internet service provider: Reach out to your internet service provider and inquire about upgrade options. They may be able to offer you a faster internet plan or suggest other solutions to improve your connection.
- Consider a wired connection: If you’re currently using Wi-Fi, switching to a wired connection can often provide a more stable and faster internet connection. Connect your PC directly to your router using an Ethernet cable for the best results.
- Upgrade your router: If you’ve been using the same router for years, it may be time for an upgrade. Newer routers often have better performance and improved features, which can result in a better gaming experience.
- Optimize your network settings: Adjusting the settings on your router can help improve your connection. Enable Quality of Service (QoS) settings to prioritize gaming traffic and reduce lag. You can also try changing your DNS settings to a faster and more reliable DNS server.
- Consider a gaming VPN: In some cases, using a gaming VPN can help reduce lag and improve connection stability. A gaming VPN can provide a dedicated and optimized route for gaming traffic, resulting in lower latency and a smoother gaming experience.
- Upgrade your internet plan: If none of the above steps improve your internet connection, it may be time to upgrade your internet plan. Consider switching to a plan with higher download and upload speeds to ensure a lag-free gaming experience.
Remember, upgrading your internet connection can help reduce lag in New World, but it may not completely eliminate it. Other factors, such as your PC’s hardware and software configuration, as well as network congestion, can also contribute to lag. However, by following these steps and ensuring you have a reliable and fast internet connection, you can significantly improve your gaming experience in New World.
Why is New World lagging on my PC?
New World may be lagging on your PC due to a variety of reasons, including high CPU or GPU usage, network issues, outdated graphics drivers, or insufficient system resources.
How can I fix lag in New World on my PC?
To fix lag in New World on your PC, you can try several troubleshooting steps such as optimizing your system settings, updating your graphics drivers, disabling unnecessary background processes, checking your network connection, and ensuring you have enough system resources.
What are some system requirements for New World?
The minimum system requirements for New World are an Intel Core i5-2400 or AMD CPU with four physical cores, 8GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon R9 280X graphics card. The recommended system requirements include an Intel Core i7-2600K or AMD Ryzen 5 1400 CPU, 16GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390 graphics card.
Why is my FPS dropping in New World?
Your FPS may be dropping in New World due to factors such as high graphics settings, outdated graphics drivers, running other resource-intensive programs in the background, or insufficient system resources. It’s recommended to lower graphics settings, update your drivers, close unnecessary programs, and allocate more system resources to New World to improve FPS.
How can I improve my network connection in New World?
To improve your network connection in New World, you can try a few steps such as using a wired Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi, closing bandwidth-intensive programs running in the background, resetting your router, checking for any network congestion or interference, and using a VPN to reduce latency and improve stability.
- 500+ best name ideas for pubg (unique names) - selection of nicknames for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds game
- Diablo 2: Resurrected system requirements and ability to run on your computer
- How to troubleshoot issues disabled by Group Policy in Windows 11/10: troubleshooting guide
- Nokia 2.2 Review: A Feature-Rich Android Phone with a Removable Battery
- Smart TV vs Android TV: Exploring the Crucial Differences
- 7 Best Aim Trainer: Improve Your Shooting Accuracy
- Sony Xperia Z WiFi Connection Drop Issues: Easy Troubleshooting Guide